Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Homemade Oreos

My good friend, Jenny, gave me her recipe for Homemade Oreos after my kids begged me to get it from her. They have become a favorite at our house. I made some for the bake sale at AJ's elementary school a couple weeks ago.

If you can't tell from this picture, I let AJ lick the bowl. I know it's probably a bad thing (salmonella and all), but he enjoyed it!






Here's the finished product!



And here's the recipe:

Homemade Oreos

2 chocolate cake mixes

4 eggs

2 sticks butter, softened

Mix ingredients together with beaters. Roll in balls. Cook at 350 for 10 minutes. Drop pan to flatten cookies; cool.

Frosting:

4 cups powdered sugar

8 oz cream cheese, softened

1 stick butter, softened

Mix ingredients together with beaters. Frost one cookie, and top with another cookie.



0 comments: