Friday, April 8, 2011

David's Eagle Scout Project - Blankets for Children

David has been working on his Eagle Scout project for several months, and it is fast approaching. He's selected Project Linus as the charity he'd like to assist.

Project Linus donates blankets to poor children with few or no possessions, so they have something they can call their own. David's goal is to provide at least 50 blankets for Project Linus.

If you are interested in attending or donating items, please take a look at David's potential donor letter at the bottom of this post.




To whom it may concern:


I am seeking donations for my Eagle Scout project on behalf of Project Linus, a non-profit organization which provides blankets to poor children with few possessions.


I selected Project Linus for my Eagle Scout project, because I know how important it is to help children. I learned of Project Linus several years ago, and I had the privilege of making blankets for them through a school project. I know they are a reputable organization, and they bring joy to the lives of children every day by giving them something they can call their own.


Please find the project details below, including a list of needed items.


Project Details


Date: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm


Location: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Building, 27050 Sand Canyon Road


Project Goal: To produce at least 50 blankets to be donated to Project Linus.


Needed items:Fleece (minimum size: 1.5 yard x 1.5 yard)

Completed Blankets (minimum size: 1.5 yard x 1.5 yard)

Food (snacks for volunteers)

Water bottles (for volunteers)

Fabric scissors

Measuring tapes (or other measuring tools for blanket construction)


Project Linus' website address is http://www.handmadehugs.org/.


Thank you for your assistance with my Eagle Scout Project. If you have any questions about the particulars of my Eagle Project, please contact me directly at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Your generosity will make a big difference in the lives of many children.


0 comments: