Friday, August 5, 2011

Pioneer Trek 2011: Preparation

When John and I went to the first "Ma and Pa" meeting, we learned there were quite a few things we needed to do to prepare for Trek. One was to make a family flag. I had some ideas, but just couldn't figure out exactly what we should have.

At a family dinner when my parents were in town, we were brainstorming (the day before we needed to give it to the Stake leaders) and David said, "If you want something simple, do something like wheat, that's simple, but has good symbolism."

I think he was joking, but I took his idea and ran with it. His wheat reference reminded me of Elder David A. Bednar's talk about gathering the sheaves into the storehouse (titled "Honorably Hold a Name and a Standing).

As a result, John made this. It's painted on a piece of rubber backed canvas with craft paint. I am so blessed to have such a talented husband!




0 comments: