Monday, August 6, 2012

Making Jam a.k.a. Maybe I Need a Cherry Pitter

I made some cherry jam on Friday.





Unfortunately, I do not have a cherry pitter.  I meant to see if Walmart had one when I stopped by on Thursday, but I forgot.

Why did I not run out and pick one up as I live within 5 minutes of a Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Walmart?  Because our streets were being resurfaced, and I decided I wanted to spend the day at home.  That meant my car was in the driveway and I couldn't move it.

So I made do.  David suggested I use my potato masher to crush the cherries, making it easier to remove the pits.  It worked (much better than pitting each cherry by hand), but my hands still got quite a bit of cherry juice on them.



1 comments:

BipolarBunny said...

you did that without a pitter?!? Impressive! Go buy a pitter.

This thing does not want me to leave a message. It's giving me really hard word verifications. But I will win.