Friday, February 4, 2011

Who Says Making Rice Crispie Treats Is Easy?

A few weeks ago, John really wanted Chex Crispie Treats (our version of Rice Crispie treats made with corn chex instead of rice crispies). I told him how to make them, but something went terribly wrong. I don't know what he did, but these were horrendous! I took pictures to commemorate the event.

Last Sunday, I made some to show John how easy it is, and I took more pictures, so you can compare John's attempt with mine.


John's marshmallows and butter melting in the pan...


My marshmallows and butter melting in the pan...




John's finished product (it hurt our teeth to eat these)...






My finished product (soft, chewy with a little crispness, and so yummy)...




Which would you rather eat?

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

I'm not sure which I'd prefer - maybe make me a batch and I'll taste test them :)

Rojahn Family said...

I'll take whatever I can get. 8). Really though yours do look slightly more edible. Way to try though John! I don't know if Andy would have attempted that to begin with. Maybe he would. He does like his sugary treats.