Monday, June 28, 2010

A New Toy!

I usually do not get worked up about power tools, but since we moved into the new house, I've been struggling to get the yard in shape. I don't think the owners did much to the yard for the last few months before we bought the house. Needless to say the bushes are crazy big! I tried trimming them by hand, but the limbs were too big, and my hands got really tired (even with my best hand trimmer).

Saturday, John and I went to Home Depot and found this power trimmer. It is great! It didn't take long to figure out how to use it effectively while trimming the bushes into a nice shape. I only trimmed three bushes today, because they were so big, and it was getting warm. I'll tackle the rest tomorrow (and Wednesday if necessary). Here are some pictures of my new favorite toy and some pictures of the bushes before and after. (Well, they aren't really before, because I forgot to take pictures of the ones I trimmed, but these give you an idea of what they looked like, albeit they were a bit smaller than these bushes.)




Before

After



This is an after picture, but this was also my "learning" bush, so it doesn't look as nice as the others.






0 comments: