Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lasik

John has been considering Lasik (corrective laser eye surgery) for several years. He finally bit the bullet and had it done on Saturday. Actually, John scheduled a consultation in Santa Clarita on Saturday at 1:00 pm. After declaring John an "ideal candidate", the eye doctor asked him if he wanted it done today.












John said yes and an appointment was scheduled for the Los Angeles office (where they perform the actual procedure). We hopped in the car and drove to the surgery center.




Everything went really smoothly (and quickly). Within an hour after arriving, John had Lasik performed. By 4:45 pm, we were in the car and on our way home with John seeing almost as well without his glasses as he did with them before Lasik.





He had a follow up visit this morning, to make sure his eyes were healing well. The doctor did a quick exam and found he is now seeing better without his glasses than he did with them, and his vision should continue to improve over the next few weeks. He needs to put in eye drops every half hour for the next month or so, but that's about it for aftercare (other than some follow-up visits).



5 comments:

Jenn said...

oh nice!! I thought something was different about him yesterday! He wasn't wearing glasses! Lasik is on my dream list!

Laurie Nguyen said...

I've thought about it, but it is too scary for me to consider until John is completely healed. However, after seeing John's results, I am more likely to think about it.

Jamie said...

Can you sew dress shirts!?

Laurie Nguyen said...

Jamie, if you get a pattern, I can sew it. I have made things without a pattern, but they always turn out better with one. I can help you select one if you need me to.

Mandi said...

congratulations ;) one day I will get lasik ;)