Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Trip to the Zoo

















John, David, Michael, A.J., and I went to the Los Angeles Zoo on Saturday. John had not been there since the new entrance was unveiled, so we thought it was time to go again. We were pleasantly surprised to find the new Gorilla exhibit had also opened. We had a great time! The weather was perfect (low to mid 60's), and the animals were out and moving around.


































The boys posed outside the Orangutan Exhibit.



































Several years ago, I took pictures of Michael and David in front of the California Condor display at the zoo. This year I took new pictures of them and one of A.J. Just look at how much they've grown!





A.J. (2008)















Michael (2008 and 2003)















David (2008 and 2003)













John really liked taking pictures of the animals, but it made him wish we had a better digital camera. He's talked about getting a very nice Nikon camera (the D90). We'll see if this convinces him to buy it.

Anyway, here are a few photos of the animals. One of the highlights was the Orangutan exhibit. There was a very cute baby orangutan who was jumping, swinging, rolling around, and bugging the adult orangutans. Also, one of the adults began interacting with the people. He (or she) reached through the mesh and picked a plant and threw it at the people nearby. The people picked something else and threw it just outside the mesh and a game of catch ensued. We must have stood there watching the orangutans for at least 15 minutes.

4 comments:

RachelAA said...

I love the Condor pictures!! Sounds like great weather - the first and only time we have been there I believe it was about 105!!!

Jenn said...

We just went today and can you believe I didn't take ONE picture?? I also love the condor pics.

Laurie Nguyen said...

Well, I usually forget the camera. I remembered this time (but John took most of the pictures.)

I really like the condor ones too. You'd think I would have taken more of them since we go to the zoo at least once a year.

Jenn said...

it's me again. I changed my blog address!

halfofadozeninca.blogspot.com